Quest Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is their any race you wouldn't choose to do a certain quest with?

4 posters

Go down

Is their any race you wouldn't choose to do a certain quest with? Empty Is their any race you wouldn't choose to do a certain quest with?

Post  Skyrim Newbie Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 pm

Since I'm new to this series not sure if I'm playing right . Do you play all races with all quest?

I'm currently playing the Thieves Guild Quest and playing as a Khajiit. Only at level5 should I wait and build his sneak level up on this quest? This is just stuff of the stuff I'm confused about .

Thanks for the helP and sorry if these are stupid questions.

Skyrim Newbie
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Is their any race you wouldn't choose to do a certain quest with? Empty Re: Is their any race you wouldn't choose to do a certain quest with?

Post  Laurphiin Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Any race that isn't a Nord won't be joining the Stormcloaks. That would be like Jews fighting for Hitler.
Laurphiin
Laurphiin
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Is their any race you wouldn't choose to do a certain quest with? Empty Re: Is their any race you wouldn't choose to do a certain quest with?

Post  Chysonallite Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Honestly, it doesn't matter. You can go and get your sneak up and they'll be a bit easier, or you can do them now and level it up in the process. Just do what you want.
Chysonallite
Chysonallite
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurphiin Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Yeah, it doesn't matter because it's not supposed to. This YOUR game, YOUR story. Make it unfold as you see fit. Each race's background and specialities are more like suggestions rather than instructions.

Kahjiits', lore-wise, are probably the best thieves, but that doesn't mean you have to play as a theif. You can level your Kahjiit into a two-handed battle-axe wielding warrior and have nothing to do with thievery.

It probably only makes a difference when you start out. For example: Hight Elves gain a magicka bonus of 50 once you start the game. Most races start out with 100-magicka/100-health/100-stamina, but High Elves start out with 150-magicka. So it only mattered at the beginning, because you can level up any race beyond 150-magicka in a few levels.
Laurphiin
Laurphiin
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pgoon Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Laurphiin wrote:Any race that isn't a Nord won't be joining the Stormcloaks. That would be like Jews fighting for Hitler.

I am a high elf fighting for stormclaoks - Ulfric asked me why I would want to fighht for them, and the dialog options that come up are something like "I want to find for the people of Skyrim" - so the RP is that your character believes the Imperial rule is unjust, regardless of what race you are or who is leading the rebellion... It worked for me anyway...
pgoon
pgoon
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pgoon Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:07 pm

I pick my race based on:
- looks - which race 'looks' the coolest for the type of character you want to play
- powers - the racial powers in some cases you cannot get anywhere else. i.e. Kajhit 'night-eye' power is available no other way than by picking that race... that is a great power that comes in handy for any stealth player - theif assassin etc.

I agree with Laurphiin - the skill boosts that you gain don't really matter becuase you can always train those up.

here is a link to the benefits of different races:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pgoon
pgoon
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down