Quest Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How about lets all introduce ourselves in this thread . What u think?

+10
Maxamus
Chysonallite
Kypsalis
Laurphiin
Herxes
Mistress Lebeau
Minus2Degrees
Candc4
Joe Wilson
Skyrim Newbie
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How about lets all introduce ourselves in this thread . What u think? Empty How about lets all introduce ourselves in this thread . What u think?

Post  Skyrim Newbie Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:37 am

I'm new to the Elder Scrolls Series so not only a Skyrim Newbie.

I've enjoyed this some much yea I'm a little lost in everything I'm doing but getting better. I'm mainly a fps player so a change for me . Found the podcast listened to couple episodes and got the game.

So what's your story ?

Skyrim Newbie
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

How about lets all introduce ourselves in this thread . What u think? Empty Re: How about lets all introduce ourselves in this thread . What u think?

Post  Joe Wilson Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:33 am

Evarwyn made me do it... Enough said.
Joe Wilson
Joe Wilson
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

How about lets all introduce ourselves in this thread . What u think? Empty Re: How about lets all introduce ourselves in this thread . What u think?

Post  Candc4 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:02 am

Joe Wilson wrote:Evarwyn made me do it... Enough said.
You know you wanted to deep down inside Wink
I a candc4 I put maces in faces and I love Skyrim also I eat people and suck their blood.

Candc4
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus2Degrees Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:12 am

I'm a long-time Oblivion player who was introduced to the game by a dear friend who, unfortunately, is no longer with us. So I play Skyrim just as much to keep his memory alive as for my own enjoyment. Every time I make a character, I name at least one enchanted weapon after him.
Minus2Degrees
Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:46 am

Minus2Degrees wrote:I'm a long-time Oblivion player who was introduced to the game by a dear friend who, unfortunately, is no longer with us. So I play Skyrim just as much to keep his memory alive as for my own enjoyment. Every time I make a character, I name at least one enchanted weapon after him.
That. Is. So. SWEET!
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/MistressLeBeau

Back to top Go down

Post  Herxes Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:00 am

Few weeks before Christmas I was at my mom's house, my younger brother (who still lives there, generally has his face glued to his laptop and usually communicates with a series of grunts should his attempts to completely avoid conversation fail) uncharacteristically chimed "I've got Skyrim!"

Not knowing what this was at the time and fearing he'd require some kind of topical cream I replied "come again?" practically oozing with enthusiasm he gushed "Skyrim! It's a game!" by now I'm peering around looking for the alien clone pod which has spawned this joyful stranger.

"So what do you do in it?" I say intrigued "EVERYTHING! You can buy houses a horse, kill dragons, smith your own armour and weapons...." now he's fanning the flames "what, like Runescape?" he looks at me like I'd slapped our mother. "Pfft! No. Not like Runescape. You just insulted Skyrim"

Now I haven't played Runescape for years, I've had all the console based Final Fantasy games in a glimmer of hope that they might match FFVII with no joy and I dabbled with Guild Wars. So I look my brother in the eye and I put what I can only dream in a sentence "So what are you saying? FFVII good" he just nodded before one of my kids interrupted our conversation.

Now I'm 30, married with kids, I don't follow gaming news or anything anymore but I sat in the car with my wife on the way home (still not having actually SEEN Skyrim) and said "You know I think I might get the game me and Ash were talking about, sounds good and it'll be nice to talk to him about something" she gave a nonchalant nod. Then I went to Skyrim. Now I can't leave.

Herxes
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurphiin Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:07 am

I'm Laurphiin. I like:

* long walks on the beach
* listening intently to every word spoken in a conversation
* discussing my feelings
* candlelight dinners

-----

I'm new to The Elder Scrolls. I was going to buy Oblivion when it came out but I hadn't even bought a PS3 yet. When I finally got a PS3 I had forgotten about it.

Years later, GameInformer writes an article about the upcoming Skyrim. One word sold me on this game: DRAGONS.

Bethesda had immediately just won my money.
Laurphiin
Laurphiin
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:21 am

Hello, er'ryone!

Herxes story about making an FFVII comparison reminded me of what my brother asked when he saw my copy of Skyrim:

It was my birthday & the entire family was required to come over & bug the snot out of me (all I wanted was to be left alone to adventure in Skyrim in PEACE 7 QUIET!). Well, one of my nieces (from the eldest brother's family that isn't quite... well... they shouldn't be allowed around other human beings) somehow made her way to my XBox, pressed the "eject" button, & was running around with my game disk! Yes, I horizontally jumped across the room to grab it out of her grubby little hands.

After watching this ordeal, my other brother sees the game & says, "Hmm... what game is that?"

I says, "Skyrim," I says. (Yes, I use Huckleberry Finn grammar every now & then. Sue me.)

Always wanting to seem as if he knows a little bit about everything, he tries to make conversation: "Oh. Is... is that the game that you, like, build cities & stuff?"

I laughed so freaking hard I shot soda out of my nose.[justify]
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wilson Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:51 am

evarwyn tried to talk me into it for a while until one day on steam i looked the game up and watched the trailer. i hadnt read anything about it or anything until this point. but, when i saw the dragon land in front of the nord in armor...i pressed the buy button. nough said.
Joe Wilson
Joe Wilson
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurphiin Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:28 am

Yes, Skyrim is truly a game of games. How easily it did win us over. The only way it could have been more epic is if they threw in magic-enhancing wands. Then the College of Winterhold would be so like Harry Potter I would smash my face into my tv trying to cross over into the game.
Laurphiin
Laurphiin
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Candc4 Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:32 am

Laurphiin wrote:Yes, Skyrim is truly a game of games. How easily it did win us over. The only way it could have been more epic is if they threw in magic-enhancing wands. Then the College of Winterhold would be so like Harry Potter I would smash my face into my tv trying to cross over into the game.
That doesn't work I've tried

Candc4
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurphiin Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:41 am

Rome wasn't built in a day. I'll do it or get damage brain trying.
Laurphiin
Laurphiin
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Candc4 Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:47 am

No Rome was built in 6 hours

Also you ever think of roleplaying?

Candc4
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurphiin Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:05 am

Indeed I do, why do you ask?
Laurphiin
Laurphiin
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Candc4 Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:20 am

I'm doing a roleplay on this forum and I'm looking for players

Candc4
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurphiin Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:27 am

Oh yeah, you're the guy who made that thread. Didn't you hear, I beat your wizard already. cheers

And I don't understand how role-playing on a forum works, so I need rules/instructions or something.
Laurphiin
Laurphiin
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus2Degrees Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:14 am

Mistress Lebeau wrote:Always wanting to seem as if he knows a little bit about everything, he tries to make conversation: "Oh. Is... is that the game that you, like, build cities & stuff?"

"Yes, in fact, you can build cities.... cities of PAIN#{`$%+&{`#$+%{&#`$+%&"
Minus2Degrees
Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kypsalis Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:46 pm

I played Oblivion until I had seen each and every rock in that game multiple times. Loved it! When I heard about Skyrim I immediately started following as many threads as possible that talked about it. The game has definitely met my expectations with room to spare! The podcast is a blast to listen to and I look forward to the episodes every week. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity some time to sit in on the chat room while the podcast is recording. I'm dying to actually see the things that Mistress is typing rather than just hear you guys reacting to them... What a Face
Kypsalis
Kypsalis
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Chysonallite Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:25 pm

I am Chyson, raider of Riften, murderer of Ulfric, undresser of women, and slaughterer of chickens. Honestly though, I'm just a guy who gets way too into RPGs when I play them. First time through, I was the Savior of Skyrim with a Dragon Bow and Ebony Armor, and now I have 2 alts going: one straight-forward assassin, and another a sneaky Conjuration mage with Dwarven Armor and way too much mana. I can start the apocalypse if I wanted, but for the life of me, I can't take a pointy stick to the knee.
Chysonallite
Chysonallite
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxamus Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Candc4 wrote:I'm doing a roleplay on this forum and I'm looking for players

oo..... What is this you speak of?
Maxamus
Maxamus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  bigraj Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Just got turned on to the podcast by a member of the Forum For Geeks forums who was a guest on one of the shows. I've been addicted to Skyrim since buying it for PS3 on 11/14 (had to wait to get paid before buying it. Very Happy ) and there have been about 4 days that I haven't played it. Between the 7 characters I've created, I've put in right around 600 hours of playtime. Finished the "main" quest only with my first character, a Redguard Spellsword, and am currently focusing on a Breton mage and a Wood Elf archer/thief/assassin.

Closer look at my main guy:

Rajir
Redguard spellsword
Lvl 62
270 hrs played
Fav weapon: one-handed Daedric sword (Legendary)
Fav armor: Master Robes of Destruction/Dragonscale boots and gauntlets (Legendary)/Morokei (Legendary)/ring and necklace with magic regen bonuses (Adds element of vulnerability. Full dragonscale makes him too tank-like.)
Fav spell: Icy spear
Fav shout: Marked for Death
Thane of: Whiterun/Winterhold/Solitude
Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold
Leader of The Companions (Werewolf)
Completed main quest and collected all of the Dragon Priest masks
Primary skills: one-handed/destruction/light armor/block
Secondary: restoration/smithing/archery
Discovered/Unlocked every shout available (2 are quest-locked for guilds he's not joining.)

I've listened to the first 2 episodes and have really enjoyed them. Interesting to hear the guys talk about their first month of Skyrim play and remembering where I was at that point. Keep it up, fellas!
bigraj
bigraj
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:34 pm

bigraj wrote:Just got turned on to the podcast by a member of the Forum For Geeks forums who was a guest on one of the shows. I've been addicted to Skyrim since buying it for PS3 on 11/14 (had to wait to get paid before buying it. Very Happy ) and there have been about 4 days that I haven't played it. Between the 7 characters I've created, I've put in right around 600 hours of playtime. Finished the "main" quest only with my first character, a Redguard Spellsword, and am currently focusing on a Breton mage and a Wood Elf archer/thief/assassin.

Closer look at my main guy:

Rajir
Redguard spellsword
Lvl 62
270 hrs played
Fav weapon: one-handed Daedric sword (Legendary)
Fav armor: Master Robes of Destruction/Dragonscale boots and gauntlets (Legendary)/Morokei (Legendary)/ring and necklace with magic regen bonuses (Adds element of vulnerability. Full dragonscale makes him too tank-like.)
Fav spell: Icy spear
Fav shout: Marked for Death
Thane of: Whiterun/Winterhold/Solitude
Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold
Leader of The Companions (Werewolf)
Completed main quest and collected all of the Dragon Priest masks
Primary skills: one-handed/destruction/light armor/block
Secondary: restoration/smithing/archery
Discovered/Unlocked every shout available (2 are quest-locked for guilds he's not joining.)

I've listened to the first 2 episodes and have really enjoyed them. Interesting to hear the guys talk about their first month of Skyrim play and remembering where I was at that point. Keep it up, fellas!

Forum for Geeks Guy! Woo! My pimping worked!

(*ondering if I should demand money for pimpage. Where my money, bi-atches?!?*
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  shalinel Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Hello! My name is Shaline, and I'm dragonborn. I've gotten kind of addicted to Skyrim over the past month or so. I found the podcast on itunes just searching for a skyrim fix on my commute to work. I've been listening for a few days, and I'm on episode 16. It really sounds like the podcast has a great community, so I thought I'd drop by and say hi. So, hi.

shalinel
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:54 pm

shalinel wrote:Hello! My name is Shaline, and I'm dragonborn. I've gotten kind of addicted to Skyrim over the past month or so. I found the podcast on itunes just searching for a skyrim fix on my commute to work. I've been listening for a few days, and I'm on episode 16. It really sounds like the podcast has a great community, so I thought I'd drop by and say hi. So, hi.

WOOO!!!
*customary introductory hugs & sweetrolls given*
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Methos Sat May 05, 2012 1:18 pm

While I had played Oblivion years ago, I didn't like the minor/major parts of leveling, so I wasn't really paying attention to any of the Skyrim news. But one of my co-workers couldn't wait for the game and was always talking about it. I didn't pay much attention to what she was saying, since I have a Mac and wouldn't be able to play it. After the game came out I learned it was also available on the xBox and then I started getting very curious. I ended up buying an xBox just to play Skyrim and I've loved it ever since.

My oldest daughter (5 years old) loves watching me play and she makes me constantly turn around to make sure Lydia is okay and still following us. She can even point out Whiterun on the map.

My wife and I work opposite shifts, so I watch the kids during the day and work in the evenings while she does the opposite. This also means I don't get a lot of time to play. My game time during the week is typically from the time I get off work at midnight until I go to bed. Of course, remove time for feeding the baby and stuff.

Excellent game and looking forward to the DLC. While I'll definitely buy it when it first comes out, I'm not sure if I'll play it yet. Too much left to do with the normal game.

Edit: I'm 38 and very happily married for some eleven years. We have two daughters, 9.5 months and 5 years old. I'm not much of a gamer. Other then this game, I play some Civilization, though Civ V caused me to lose some of my interest.

Methos
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next