Quest Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill Trees

5 posters

Go down

Skill Trees Empty Skill Trees

Post  argybargy Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:17 pm

How about a show, or several shows or sections to talk about specific skill trees, and the value or lack of in using perks for those said skills? I for one would really appreciate that, especially regarding the mage skills/perks since that will be the next character I create and play.

Thanks!
argybargy
argybargy
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Skill Trees Empty Re: Skill Trees

Post  Skyrim Newbie Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:50 pm

I agree I would also like to hear about this.

Skyrim Newbie
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  pgoon Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 pm

yes - along these lines, what are your favorite perks in general and why? Which perks have you found particularly useful, or just fun? Which ones were not worth it... etc...
pgoon
pgoon
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Skill Trees Empty Perks...

Post  argybargy Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:02 pm

pgoon wrote:yes - along these lines, what are your favorite perks in general and why? Which perks have you found particularly useful, or just fun? Which ones were not worth it... etc...

Yes, exactly what I was thinking...they could definitely devote several shows to this...hope they do it!
argybargy
argybargy
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus2Degrees Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Yes, this. Some of the trees (like one-handed) are quite convoluted, with different branches that suit peoples' various playing styles, but which one would really the most advantageous? Which is the easiest or hardest to level in?
Minus2Degrees
Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:02 pm

I think that in order to do this correctly, a little research is in order.

Although I love hearing about the experiences people have while "just playing the game", I've found that lots of different Skyrim-Skill-Constellation-Themed episodes of several different podcasts never really talk about the Skill Constellation at all! If they do, they only speak of the skills they like instead of going over what many people are wanting to know:

1) What are all the perks in any particular Constellation?
    2) What do their descriptions mean, exactly? (Yes, some are obvious, but others are so incredibly vague that they seem like a waste of a perk point just to find out).
    3) What kind of situations would any particular perk (well, mostly combat-based ones) be useful?

4) THEN, we'd want to know what personal opinions people have about certain perks.

I know Skyrim Off the Record likes to podcast about their gameplay experience, but none of the various Skyrim-based episodes of (ANY podcast) have done this correctly. Basically, I guess that when people ask for information about this kind of thing, they're asking for an audio version of the information/descriptions/advice listed in the Skyrim Guidebook (it's better & more concise than the wiki versions).

Of course, this would be a helluva lot of work for y'all to do, & it might take away from the enjoyment of discovering everything on your own playthrough time. So, put your fame to use: Have some of your MINIONS (fans of the show who may HAVE the "official guide") do the "homework" FOR you. Yes, I'm serious.
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/MistressLeBeau

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus2Degrees Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Mistress Lebeau wrote:
I know Skyrim Off the Record likes to podcast about their gameplay experience, but none of the various Skyrim-based episodes of (ANY podcast) have done this correctly. Basically, I guess that when people ask for information about this kind of thing, they're asking for an audio version of the information/descriptions/advice listed in the Skyrim Guidebook (it's better & more concise than the wiki versions).

How about a corner where you go through one skill tree a week and explain its contents, its advantages/disadvantages? You could have a guest host [hint hint] do that. "This week: the one-handed skill tree, presented by $GUEST!"
Minus2Degrees
Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Minus2Degrees wrote:
How about a corner where you go through one skill tree a week and explain its contents, its advantages/disadvantages? You could have a guest host [hint hint] do that. "This week: the one-handed skill tree, presented by $GUEST!"

Dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout, yo!

bounce
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/MistressLeBeau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down