Quest Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Most Enjoyable Playstyle Yet!

3 posters

Go down

My Most Enjoyable Playstyle Yet! Empty My Most Enjoyable Playstyle Yet!

Post  Genis Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am

For The Challenge, I went with a thief kind of character that I've never played before.

Primarily daggers for weapons and...Illusion.

OMG Illusion spells are so much fun and mesh SO WELL with thief/rogue style playing. My favorite spells are the Fury/Frenzy spells that cause enemies to fight whoever is closest, which is usually other enemies. So whenever I see a room with 2+ people, I zap one with Frenzy and they start wailing on each other. Even after the spell wears off, they still fight because the non-frenzied person is still fighting for their life! If you hit the most powerful guy in the room, they will usually clear the entire room for you and take a fair amount of damage themselves. Then you only have to backstab one guy! Then, if that guy detects you, you can just cast calm on him, sneak behind him while he's non-aggressive, and THEN backstab him!

Fun times Laughing

Highly recommend anyone to give this a try since I've not seen or heard much love for the Illusion tree.

Oh yeah...and if the enemy is too powerful for your calm or frenzy spells and you can't sneak up on them (looking at you, Draugr Deathlord!), whip out the Wabbajack! You have a chance to instantly kill them or turn them into a sweet roll!
Genis
Genis
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

My Most Enjoyable Playstyle Yet! Empty Re: My Most Enjoyable Playstyle Yet!

Post  Methos Tue May 15, 2012 12:50 pm

I'd have to agree with you on the Illusion tree. Before the challenge I was playing a Fighter/Mage character and was amazed at how effective the Illusion tree is. Once the challenge is over I intend to go back to that character, as I'm curious what its like at the higher levels.

Methos
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Salish Tue May 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Yep. I LOVE illusion spells! My current character is an Altmer Assassin/Necromancer. His skills are Sneak, 1-Hand, Conjuration and Illusion. And I'm having a blast!

Frenzy is SO much fun! Last night I was doing a quest where I had to loot a chest that was guarded by two hagravens and a forsworn briarheart. Sneak up, cast Frenzy, and watch the fun!

Salish
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down