Quest Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 Crashing Issues

5 posters

Go down

PS3 Crashing Issues Empty PS3 Crashing Issues

Post  Goobs Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:42 am

Since I have updated to the new Skyrim patch I seem to be getting frequent crashes. Before the update, the crashes used to be few and far between and only after about thre to four hours continuos gameplay.

It seem like they have sorted the lag problem which became frustrating after this length of gameplay, but I now get crashes more often than not. This means that I constantly worrying about autos aves and saving after small periods of time just in case.

Anyone else struggling with this?

Goobs

Back to top Go down

PS3 Crashing Issues Empty Re: PS3 Crashing Issues

Post  Dragonias Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 am

i have noticed a decrease in lag but there are still issues. Haven't had any real crashes, other than one... just froze up and had to restart. I'd say overall the patch helped me. Just biding my time till my PC gets delivered so I can welcome a new slew of issues.
Dragonias
Dragonias
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

PS3 Crashing Issues Empty PS3 lag

Post  KickAss Jackson Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:01 am

I've repeatedly noticed a lag in the game play after playing a few consecutive hours, but crashing has not been a problem.

KickAss Jackson
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

PS3 Crashing Issues Empty Try This!

Post  jay_mz Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:12 pm

Have you tried creating a manual save (not auto save from resting or fast travel) and then restarting the Ps3 and loading from said manual save?
that was actually instructed by Bethesda, i actually created one and then deleted all the other saves and have been mainly problem free since then.
hope that helps!!
jay_mz
jay_mz
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Herxes Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 am

I've had Skyrim on the PS3 since Christmas and had no issues at all (lag or otherwise and my save file is 7k+) Up until the new patch since the last update the game has just crashed/ frozen 3 times. Most annoyingly once when I was just pausing to save after not saving for a while. Luckily on all 3 counts the nearest auto save wasn't that far off and they were minor inconveniences, just hoping it doesn't happen after something major.

Herxes
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  jay_mz Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 pm

well that sucks.

you could try reinstalling Skyrim (just delete game data not saves) and see if it helps?
about 20 mins work but may be worth it considering how much time we put into this game!
jay_mz
jay_mz
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  solitude1984 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 pm

I actually went out and bought the PC version of Skyrim because of this. I set auto saves to a minimum and deleted them before each time I played. The game would be ok for a while and then it would crash. I've abandoned the PS3 version altogether as a result. It's really disappointing that Bethesda released a game on a console that couldn't handle it.
solitude1984
solitude1984
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

PS3 Crashing Issues Empty :(

Post  jay_mz Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 pm

solitude1984 wrote:I actually went out and bought the PC version of Skyrim because of this. I set auto saves to a minimum and deleted them before each time I played. The game would be ok for a while and then it would crash. I've abandoned the PS3 version altogether as a result. It's really disappointing that Bethesda released a game on a console that couldn't handle it.

Total shame that you have left the console version. I hope you have more fun playing the game on PC and enjoy the game as it supposed to be. (now you can mod it too lol)

good luck!
jay_mz
jay_mz
jay_mz
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  solitude1984 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 pm

jay_mz wrote:
solitude1984 wrote:I actually went out and bought the PC version of Skyrim because of this. I set auto saves to a minimum and deleted them before each time I played. The game would be ok for a while and then it would crash. I've abandoned the PS3 version altogether as a result. It's really disappointing that Bethesda released a game on a console that couldn't handle it.

Total shame that you have left the console version. I hope you have more fun playing the game on PC and enjoy the game as it supposed to be. (now you can mod it too lol)

good luck!
jay_mz

It was a shame, especially since I had put 60+ hours into my character. I was quite angry, but I'm really enjoying playing on the computer so it worked out well. Smile
solitude1984
solitude1984
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down