Missable Item List

Go down

Missable Item List

Post  Mistress Lebeau on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:46 pm

One of the reasons I get so "uppity" when playing an RPG is the fact that I don't like finding out that I've missed an opportunity to acquire an item, thus making all the time I'd put into getting a certain achievement MOOT. This causes me to rely too heavily on guides, making me feel as if I need to follow EVERY STEP that's been laid-out for me instead of enjoying the game itself.

So, when I start an RPG (especially one as open-ended as Skyrim) all I really want is a little "Heads-up! You might miss this & you can't go back to get it!" list.

Luckily, I'd found one online - xbox360achievements.org has this list, but I decided I'd present it to y'all in it's most basic, un-spoiler-y form:

Items to Collect
(Basically, a "Don't Sell All of These Rare(ish) Items, Yet!" List)
  • Bear Pelt x10
    Fire Salts x10
    Ice Wraith Teeth x5
    Flawless Sapphire
    Gold Ore
    Flawless Amethysts x3
    Daedra Heart
    Jazbay Grapes x20
    Flawless Ruby
    Dwemer Cogs x10
    Deathbell x20
    Nightshade x20
    Nirnroot x20

Daedric Artifacts
(This lists the Daedric Artifacts in which you need to choose the correct artifact in order to get the Oblivion Walker Achievement! I won't spoil anything, just letting you know you should be aware.)
  • Mehrunes’ Razor
    Masque of Clavicus Vile
    Skull of Corruption
    Ring of Namira

DON'T DO EET!
- Japhet's Folly -
Under no circumstances should you fast travel to Japhet's Folly by yourself & not following the "Rise in the East" quest. Japhet's Folly is it's own "world" in the game & once you are there you cannot fast travel or leave in any way other way. Also, do not return to Japhet's Folly via Sea Cave after the bombardment has started or you will be trapped.

Don't Do EET! Don't Pick it Up! ...until you're told to!
  • Roggvir's Amulet of Talos
    Fine Cut Void Salts
    Grimsever
    Crimson Nirnroot - Don't collect more than ONE until you read Sinderion's Field Journal!

Okay... that's it for now. There are more on the list of "Don't Do EET, YET!"s on the original site (xbox360achievements.org - search for "Missable Items" thread), but some have been fixed as of patch 1.4 & others are not really even necessary to take note of. Like I said, this is a pretty bare-bones list.
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/MistressLeBeau

Back to top Go down

Re: Missable Item List

Post  pgoon on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Also - don't forget to keep all your dragon bones and scales if you eventually want to craft dragon armor...
pgoon
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Genis on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks for the list, Mistress!

I was already making sure to save most of those ingredients, but not all.

And for those things not to pick up...that's the main reason why I don't do as much exploring caves as I would like and only go places if a quest tells me to. It seems like there is a good chance I'm going to run into something before I was given the quest to look for it. Just last night, I was in Pinewatch, and at the very end where all the loot is, there is a mold for silver goblets that is a quest item for the Thieves' Guild. I wasn't sure if it would mess up the quest, so I went back on a save (after killing the boss, thankfully) and made sure not to pick it up when gathering all the loot.
Genis
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Genis wrote:Thanks for the list, Mistress!
And for those things not to pick up...that's the main reason why I don't do as much exploring caves as I would like and only go places if a quest tells me to. It seems like there is a good chance I'm going to run into something before I was given the quest to look for it.

AGREED!!!

I just KNOW I've missed-out on a LOT of good gameplay experience because of that fact.

I guess if I were using the PC version it'd be different because of that wonderful-sounding "console command will fix all your problems" thingy.
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus2Degrees on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 am

Mistress Lebeau wrote:Bear Pelt x10
Fire Salts x10
Ice Wraith Teeth x5
Flawless Sapphire
Gold Ore
Flawless Amethysts x3
Daedra Heart
Jazbay Grapes x20
Flawless Ruby
Dwemer Cogs x10
Deathbell x20
Nightshade x20
Nirnroot x20

It's funny, reading this list -- since I'm leveling alchemy, and a compulsive ingredient hoarder, I have enough Deathbell, Nightshade, Nirnroot, Jazbay Grapes, and Bear Pelts on my person pretty much at all times.

The one that really sandpapers my willy is the fire salts. It's taken me literally weeks to gather only 5 of the 10 I need for that Riften blacksmith guy. You can't find the stuff except for repeated quest dungeon diving.

I can remember walking into the Riverwood Trader as a new character, penniless, level two, and seeing a Daedra Heart for sale. I can just see the "problem?" trollfaces on the guys at Bethesda now.

Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 am

For easier Fire Salts: Check out the houses you get as thane esp. I'm Riften & Solitude.

Also, run around the College of Winterhold. The Arch Mage got 'em stashed up there in his tower, plus some of the teachers have them laying around.

Last edited by Mistress Lebeau on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus2Degrees on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:19 am

Mistress Lebeau wrote:For easier Fire Salts: Check out the houses you get as thane esp. I'm Riften & Solitude.

I haven't been able to shell out the cash for houses yet. I'm too busy buying up enchanting gear (stuff to disenchant, and soul gems out the wazoo).

Player resorts to theft in 5... 4... 3...

Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down