Quest Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games do you think would make good podcasts?

+11
EvilNerd
Coasternerd
Joe Wilson
errie806
Candc4
argybargy
Nitemare17
Mistress Lebeau
Minus2Degrees
Skyrim Newbie
Evarwyn
15 posters

Go down

What games do you think would make good podcasts? Empty What games do you think would make good podcasts?

Post  Evarwyn Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Let us know what games coming up in the future you think would make good podcasts. Just reply to the thread and we'll take a look at the ideas. This is a chance for you shine, go bat "Kajiit" crazy!

::Disclaimer:: This does NOT represent a contract nor a promise to use any or all of these ideas. If we choose to use an idea, this post does not represent an employment obligation for either party nor a contract to the author of the post to be awarded, reimbursed or compensated in any means by Joe Wilson, the Staff or The Quest Gaming Network.
Evarwyn
Evarwyn
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

What games do you think would make good podcasts? Empty Re: What games do you think would make good podcasts?

Post  Skyrim Newbie Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Does it have to be a RPG?

Red Dead Redeamption is a good open world game to play and discuss. Opps !sorry didn't see the most important thing about new.

Last edited by Skyrim Newbie on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misread op message)

Skyrim Newbie
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

What games do you think would make good podcasts? Empty Re: What games do you think would make good podcasts?

Post  Evarwyn Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:52 am

No, it doesn't have to be an RPG. Very Happy
Evarwyn
Evarwyn
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus2Degrees Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:58 am

PONG: OFF THE RECORD

Minus2Degrees
Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:32 am

Minus2Degrees wrote:PONG: OFF THE RECORD
Shocked
Brilliant!

...and I'm still laughing from the disclaimer Evarwyn wrote.
Not that I think it's unnecessary, but because of the fact that it IS necessary.
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/MistressLeBeau

Back to top Go down

What games do you think would make good podcasts? Empty Show notes for "Pong Off The Record: Episode 1: BALLS"

Post  Evarwyn Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:24 am

INTRO
Advertisement
-Dog House Systems asked to be removed from this show
-Make something up:
*Peter Pan Peanut Butter (and Jelly) makes a come back!
Joe:
Into the show, the hosts and our week in PONG
Evarwyn:
Says something dumb and offends Atari players
Lou:
Awkwardly laughs as the ship starts to sink
Mike:
"HOLA, COMO ESTA??!!!"

Segment 1: Hot off the Arcade (News Segment)
*PONG comes to your 15" Zenith TV w/ walnut finish!
(This might be old news, but about 30yrs)
*PONG makes GOTY
-bc it was the ONLY game made this year

Segment 2: The Coffee Table (Roundtable Discussion) --because your Atari is probably sitting on your coffee table
*QUESTION: Should Pong introduce a RED color ball and paddles?
Joe:
Blue is the way to go
Evarwyn:
What's blue, again?
Mike:
I like green, nothing wrong with it
Lou:
::is talking but his mute button is on::

Segment 3: Emails
...NONE

FINAL THOUGHTS
Joe:
I have Evarwyn for coming up with this retarded idea
Evarwyn:
I like pong, but muffins are better...wait no...bagels. Why am I talking about breakfast?
Lou:
I think any color ball would do fine, however, I think doing this show is a total waste of time...for me.
Mike:
Vwoo Vwoo

OUTRO
Evarwyn
Evarwyn
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus2Degrees Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:30 am

Evarwyn wrote:Dog House Systems asked to be removed from this show

You're kidding! I ordered a top-of-the-line system with 8K of RAM, and they're not even going to double that now?!

Minus2Degrees
Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare17 Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Well,going by games that at least three of you could get your hands on,and games that would be worth a podcast about (ie Skyrim) I would probably say Diablo 3 would be an option.A retrospect of Morrowind and Oblivion would be cool for special eps of Skyrim OTR but thats just a random thought.Mass Effect 3 would be a meh option.
Nitemare17
Nitemare17
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

What games do you think would make good podcasts? Empty Game Ideas for future *disclaimer* (read NOT) Podcasts

Post  argybargy Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:12 pm

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Xenoblade Chronicles...I know this is fairly limiting since it would only be for the Wii users as of now, but I have seen the complexities of the battle system, and parts of the story mode, and it looks very interesting. Also, it should hit the stores in the United States fairly soon.
argybargy
argybargy
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Candc4 Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 am

How bout "Fantasy off the record" a Final Fantasy Podcast. I can imagine it now

Evarwyn: ok here with us is are guest Noel from Final Fantasy 13 #2, tell us about your game Noel.

Noel: (yells in distress) "Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeraaaaaaah!"

Evarwyn: ok thanks Noel.

Lol Smile

But really I think you guys could pull off Final Fantast pretty well.

Candc4
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  errie806 Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:16 pm

You need something that has a buttload of variety to it. The game topic needs to be a game that can be played for a huge amount of time.

DOTA Off The Record!!!!!!!

errie806
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:38 pm

SOLITAIRE: OFF THE RECORD!
Think about it... how many versions of ONE card game could there be? ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!
(Of course, there'll be people who'll complain that you focus too much about versions of the game that utilize the Joker cards, but hell, can't win 'em all.)

OR...
MEGATOUCH: OFF THE RECORD
Megatouch is that touch-screen game you see at the bars, usually being monopolized by the one professional player who will sit there all night.
This person used to be me (still would be, if Skyrim hadn't come along & stolen my afternoon playtime, then disappeared from my favorite haunt when I wasn't looking, which is sad, because I used to do the tournaments & win my 2nd income... if it'd stuck around, Id've been able to afford the Star Wars game).
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/MistressLeBeau

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wilson Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Can we keep this thread to more seriouse replies please?

Thanks guys
Joe Wilson
Joe Wilson
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  errie806 Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm dead serious about DOTA. Im not sure if you guys are familiar with it. It started out as a mod for Warcraft 3 but it blew up into a super competetive sport-like game around the world. Valve is attempting to make a dedicated game for it, however Blizzard lawyer'd up and put it in limbo. Dota is constantly patching and adding new heroes. New strategies are coming out. I've played the game for years and I still see new stuff. It has great replayability (hope thats a word).

errie806
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

What games do you think would make good podcasts? Empty Fallout Off The Record

Post  Coasternerd Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:51 pm

A Fallout podcast based off of all the Fallout Games, Primarily Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas would be amazing.

Also It could talk about the future of Fallout and Fallout 4 which our Beloved Bethesda will work on hopefully next.

Fallout has some awesome things going for it.

1. Huge backstory and immense depth to the world for discussion.
2. Hundreds of Quests, Playstyles, Choices, and Locations to discuss and Debate
3. Already leaves itself open to awesome segments to the podcast (like The Bannered Mare, The Town Square, etc. in Skyrim: OTR)
These segments could be called like The Vault, Moriarty's Saloon, Canterbury Commons, or the Saloon (For New Vegas).

Also, as someone who has devoted countless hours, multiple playthroughs, in-depth research into backstory, and someone who has completed every achievement in the game I would be more than happy to host and create such podcast. Very Happy
Coasternerd
Coasternerd
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNerd Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:55 am

I think open world games like Skyrim, Fallout, Red Dead etc. are perfect for this format because there is so much to be discovered. What keeps me listening is the idea that I can hear how other people are playing the game and discover new things about skyrim even then I am not playing myself.
EvilNerd
EvilNerd
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

http://evilnerd.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wilson Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:21 pm

fall out and games like it acctually make bad canidates for a podcast because they do not have the huge replay value needed for an ongoing show. skyrim is the first one player game we have seen with enough in it to warent a podcast. if we did something like a fall out show it would be a very short lived show (no more then 14 episodes at the most) which is not cost effective for us. also, doing a show for an older game like that would be a bad move on our part because very few people still activly play it. we need to worry about demigraphic and potential listener base when we go into a new show design.

however minecraft does have long legs and is a game we are looking into atm.
Joe Wilson
Joe Wilson
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotrlore Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Joe Wilson wrote:however minecraft does have long legs and is a game we are looking into atm.

And I think that would be a great show, but maybe not a weekly show. I know even though I don't play Minecraft I would probably listen to it just to hear what people are creating.
Lotrlore
Lotrlore
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

http://noldorinherald.mymiddle-earth.net

Back to top Go down

What games do you think would make good podcasts? Empty Mass Effect?

Post  Sephiroth Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Hey guys. Love the show, been listening since January.

What do you think about a Mass Effect podcast? Between the five games (3 Xbox/PC, 2 iOS) there is a lot of game there to talk about, and throw in the half-dozen or so novels and future DLC and you've got at least a year's worth of material.

Additionally, you've got a huge backstory in the codexes of the game, and the ending controversy should still be a hot enough topic in the next few months to pique fans' interest.

What do you think?

Sephiroth
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

What games do you think would make good podcasts? Empty Defiance

Post  Maxamus Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:55 am

The name of the game is Defiance. This looks like it may be a really cool idea. A TV show and MMO that coexist. Things that happen in the TV show will effect the MMO, and the things people do in the MMO will efect the TV show.

www.defiance.com
Maxamus
Maxamus
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  XxRTEKxX Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:06 pm

EVE ONLINE: Off The Record

DUST 514: Off The Record

XxRTEKxX
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down