Quest Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Skyrim's Damage Formula

3 posters

Go down

Would people enjoy something like this?

What is Skyrim's Damage Formula I_vote_lcap88%What is Skyrim's Damage Formula I_vote_rcap 88% 
[ 7 ]
What is Skyrim's Damage Formula I_vote_lcap12%What is Skyrim's Damage Formula I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

What is Skyrim's Damage Formula Empty What is Skyrim's Damage Formula

Post  Candc4 Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:30 am

I would like to make my own damage calculator for Skyrim but due to the fact I play on the 360 I can't get this formula. I was just wondering if some nice pc player could find this for me then I could put out a Skyrim damage calculator. Thanks Candc4

Candc4
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

What is Skyrim's Damage Formula Empty Re: What is Skyrim's Damage Formula

Post  pgoon Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:59 pm

some questions:

are you trying to calculate dam per strike or dam per second?
is this just an offensive calculation, or are you wanting to take opponent armor rating/resistances into effect?
is this for weapons, magick, or both? do you want to incorporate poisons? enchantments? Skill level/skill enhancements? Perks?

Why do you want to calculate this? Are you trying to plan out your character ahead of time, or do you just want to know in-game how much damage you are dealing?

pgoon
pgoon
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Candc4 Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:15 pm

I am trying to calculate damage per strike with all the goods it's a free tool im makingbfor players trying to see how much damage they are going to do before they try something stupid or to see how much damage they are doing

Candc4
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:48 am

*foaming at the mouth to see this "calculator" when it's complete*

*...or perhaps it would be more like an abacus, since Skyrim-times knew no such things as calculators (nor flintlocks)*
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/MistressLeBeau

Back to top Go down

Post  pgoon Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Candc4 wrote:I am trying to calculate damage per strike with all the goods it's a free tool im makingbfor players trying to see how much damage they are going to do before they try something stupid or to see how much damage they are doing

There is a good weblink that should help you - but apparently I can't post external links until I have been a forum member for 7 days... not sure why that is... I will try and PM it to you or post it in a few days when it is allowed...
pgoon
pgoon
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pgoon Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:17 pm

here is the dam formula I found... base damages are all included in the weblink and I will post that as soon as I can...

displayed damage = (base damage + smithing increase) * (1 + 0.5 * skill/100) * (1 + perk effects) * (1 + item effects)
Perk Effects = .2 * Barbarian/Armsman/Overdraw rank level

Damage =
((Right Hand displayed Damage * (1 + Power Attack Bonus) * (1 + Dual Power Attack Bonus) * (1 + Power Attack Perk) * (1 + Dual Power Attack perk)) * Dual Power Attack Mod)
+ ((Left Hand displayed Damage * (1 + Power Attack Bonus) * (1 + Dual Power Attack Bonus) * (1 + Power Attack Perk) * (1 + Dual Power Attack perk)) * Dual Power Attack Mod)

Power Attack Bonus = 1 if power attacking
Dual Power Attack Bonus = 0.125 if power attacking with dual weapons
Power Attack Perk = 0.25 if power attacking and you have Savage Strike or Devastating Blow
Dual Power Attack Perk = 0.5 if power attacking with two weapons and you have Dual Savagery
Dual Power Attack Mod is 2/3 for the right and 1/3 for the left hand
pgoon
pgoon
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum