Quest Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting Illusion??

4 posters

Go down

Starting Illusion?? Empty Starting Illusion??

Post  Cyndra Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:08 am

Hey guys,

I play a level 43 Wood Elf scut/stealthy/archer type (aptly named Cyndra) and I was thinking about starting to use Illusion magic to enhance my gameplay.

What spells would be best to start with?
Any particular perks I should get?

Thanks,

Cyndra
Cyndra
Cyndra
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Starting Illusion?? Empty Re: Starting Illusion??

Post  EvilNerd Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:27 am

Might make sense to get muffle early on. That's one you can use often and will help you pump up the levels early on.
EvilNerd
EvilNerd
Quest Newb
Quest Newb

http://evilnerd.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyndra Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks for the reply, ill try it out when i next play, any spells after that?
Cyndra
Cyndra
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Cyndra wrote:Hey guys,

I play a level 43 Wood Elf scut/stealthy/archer type (aptly named Cyndra) and I was thinking about starting to use Illusion magic to enhance my gameplay.

What spells would be best to start with?
Any particular perks I should get?

Thanks,

Cyndra
I've been trying to use Illusion Magic, too!

My problem is, lots of the perks have "works on enemies up to level [#]"... which SUCKS, because I have no idea what level any given enemy IS!

I'd go for the "calm"-type spells at first & at lower levels, use on bears, wolves, general small wildlife, etc. (I say "calm" because you can sneak up on an enemy, use it, & if it doesn't work, no harm, no foul... it won't cause anyone else - namely a follower - to turn evil on you OR make an enemy run around & trigger traps or alert other enemies to your presence). Try to have enchantments with Magika Regeneration equipped and (especially in early levels of the game) you might want to take a perk or two to lower the "cost" of Illusion-casting because if you're like me, I... well... quite frankly, I miss the target a lot & it SUCKS having to wait for the Magika bar to refill ALL THE WAY to be able to cast another. *blush*

As far as Spells? Evil Nerd is right: Muffle is the way to level-up! I use it over & over while waiting for those long-ass conversations to be over (you know, the ones in which you try to talk with someone & it says, 'This person is busy"). That way you're not wasting precious game-playing time since you're stuck there listening to boring conversation, anyway.

You can additionally cast Courage on friendly NPCs to help level-up.

DEFINITELY get the "Quiet Casting" perk!

Okay.... I think I'm spent.
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/MistressLeBeau

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyndra Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks very much for that mini-guide Smile

Don't worry your not the only one who misses on critical spells!

Muffle seems to be working really well for me so far so I'll carry on with it, thanks very much for that valuable info
Cyndra
Cyndra
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistress Lebeau Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Cyndra wrote:Thanks very much for that mini-guide Smile

Don't worry your not the only one who misses on critical spells!

Muffle seems to be working really well for me so far so I'll carry on with it, thanks very much for that valuable info
I'm surprised anyone could actually read what I was saying! (Doing sporadic bursts of information while at work can get a little... confusing for the reader.)
Mistress Lebeau
Mistress Lebeau
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/MistressLeBeau

Back to top Go down

Post  pgoon Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:43 pm

i agree with mistress...

my impression is that illusion would be tough to start using at level 40+ . I wanted to start using Illusion so I am starting a new character. By the time you are at level 40 the starting illusion spells will not work on anyone anymore!

The Dual-casting illusion perk roughly doubles the level of character the spell will work on, and other perks in the skill constellation will stack with dual casting to quadruple the level cap for differnt types of enemies (people, creatures, undead, etc) - certain perks will stack on top of that to get you even further. The point is, I think you need to invest a lot of perk points in order to make illusion work well at higher levels.

muffle is a great train-up spell, you can cast it immediately over and over and it will count towards skill XP every time...
pgoon
pgoon
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum