Quest Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

should i play the thieves guild quests

3 posters

Go down

should i play the thieves guild quests Empty should i play the thieves guild quests

Post  steb1959 Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:08 am

hi im playing as a lvl 37 warrior type with daedric armour and battleaxe. ive just come across the thieves guild quests which i havent done yet.are these quests an integral part of the game or would i get more out of them if i played them as a sneak thief type. it doesnt seem right to play them as a full blown take on all comers warrior.
thanks
steb1959

steb1959
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

should i play the thieves guild quests Empty Re: should i play the thieves guild quests

Post  Genis Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:32 am

I just (mostly) finished the Thieves Guild Quest line and you don't really have to be a sneaky character to do it. I played it with a sneaky character, but I was more like an assassin as I killed just about everyone with a dagger or bow instead of trying to sneak by them. Its a really interesting questline and I got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

As with all of Skyrim, though, you're free to do whatever you want how you want. If you're roleplaying, than doing those quests wouldn't make a lot of sense...though I guess you can work it into your story, too. Maybe you just want to get rich? Lots of money to be made there.
Genis
Genis
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

should i play the thieves guild quests Empty Re: should i play the thieves guild quests

Post  Minus2Degrees Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 am

Don't you sacrifice a lot of rewards in that quest line by killing everybody? I thought a lot of the story hinged upon the ability to steal without killing. (I haven't done this quest line yet, either.)
Minus2Degrees
Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  Genis Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:55 pm

You only forfeit stuff if you are explicitly told not to kill (or to kill certain important individuals), which is only one or two quests toward the beginning. Once stuff starts heating up, though, you're free to kill as you need.
Genis
Genis
Quest Member
Quest Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus2Degrees Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey, I didn't know that. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind -- I may even be able to fit that quest line in with my current character (I originally didn't think I'd go into that with a melee Orc tank).

PS. ONE HUNDRED POSTS

Minus2Degrees
Minus2Degrees
Quest Veteran
Quest Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2belo/

Back to top Go down

Post  steb1959 Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:58 am

thanks for the replies . i will probably do these quests at some time just as part of the skyrim experience.

steb1959
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down